Tuesday 28 May 2019

Back Home

We are home from a terrific cruise from Japan to Vancouver, via Alaska, on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth.
Needless to say I did not do any card making in that time, however I did attend some water colour classes on board. Cunard has run a watercolour class on each of the voyages I have done with them. It's a great way to spend time on sea days and this time the teacher was simply terrific! I learned a lot about techniques and  colour mixing so I thought I would share a few of my efforts with you instead of cards.
This kimono was from the first class, however it was my second attempt at it. The first one didn't quite work out as planned! It was great fun watching the paint do its 'thing'!

This was from a later class... the images were all drawn as well as painted (although I was copying images).
I'm not quite sure if this is a trout or a salmon. but I was quite pleased with the colouring...again it was a second attempt, the first was rubbish. However one does learn from one's mistakes!!
This one was begun on the ship and finished at home... I think I need some lessons on how to paint feathers!
However I really enjoyed working with the watercolours and think I'll have to try a little more at home!




3 comments:

  1. How fantastic! The kimono looks superb (as do all of your watercolours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun - what a super cruise that sounds! Great paintings and I especially like the kimono picture, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paintings Chrissie. Sounds like a fabulous cruise too. Hope you didn’t get “cruise” cough like we did. Got back from the Norwegian fjords 10 days ago and we’ve both been ill ever since!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie