Saturday 11 August 2018

Inkspirational Guest Designer

I was lucky enough to be a top pick in a challenge at Inkspirational and was invited to be Guest Designer for them.  What fun!
Here is the inspirational pic for this challenge!
 I made a card using Lawn Fawn's fun Reveal Wheel dies. I cut out the front plate of the card, extending the depth a little in order to fit a British sized card. This is easy to do by partially cutting from one end, lifting the die and placing it a little lower down the card, turning the die and card round and partially cutting from the other end.
Here is a video I made extending a sentiment die but the principle is similar for extending the length of the Lawn Fawn die.


I coloured the wheel part with Gelatos in yummy Ice cream colours, and stamped the sentiment and tiny hearts from the Lawn Fawn complementary set of stamps.

Here is another card I made, this time using stamps from Altenew. I added a simple 'Sprinkles' dry embossed backdrop from Creative Embossing. The sentiment is from WPlus 9.
It's always a thrill to be asked to Guest Design for a challenge and I would like to thank Inkspirational enormously for this opportunity!

6 comments:

  1. I love the delicious colours you've used on both these fabulous cards.
    I think you're clever to use (and adapt) manual dies for onteractive cards - I spent an evening struggling with a pull tab die and then hated what I'd made! But you make it seem effortless. The card is beautiful and fun.

    I love that sprinkles background in your second card. You're renowned within our hobby world for your cas style and we're so lucky to have you as a Guest Designer at Inkspirational. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderful cards! I love the interactive first card, so fun! I've never made one but would like to learn! The small hearts look so cute on the card front. The "sprinkles" on your second card look amazing white on white. Thanks for being an inspiring GD at Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so wonderful to have you as GD and with 2 amazing cards. I love the design of the first and in such a creative design. I haven't had time to look at the video yet but will do.
    Oh and my fav bit is how you used the sprinkle EF-what a fab idea and it goes so perfectly with our picture. I do love sprinkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely cards! I particularly like the unique spinning mechanism. It is great having you design with us at Inkspirational! Congrats on the DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fun ice cream card designs! Love that wheel die card - and the sprinkles embossed on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A zillion apologies for my late commenting; hectic days! I'm captivated by your reveal wheel ice cream card; so much so that I've invited these sets into my collection! Now, have to figure out the assembling so I can case (if it's okay with you) your sweet card. Your second card: yummy and oh, how delightful the sprinkles! Thrilled to have you as our GD for this challenge; your cards are fabulously inspiring!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie