Monday 19 August 2013

Flowers

The challenge at CAS on Sunday is to use flowers on the card submitted.
Here I have a card using an image from Blockhead stamps with the bleaching technique.
I stamped the image onto black paper and then embossed it with black embossing powder.
I applied bleach over the image and waited for the colour from the paper to lighten. I discovered that the effect of the bleach on this particular paper left the image a perfect match for Stampin' Up's Sahara Sand card, which is what the card base is made from.
I think it's a tremendous effect.
I used various Nestie rectangles, adjusted to fit the image for the frame.

9 comments:

  1. Just lovely - you really "do" CAS well

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful floral panel Chrissie, deserves a frame:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing - I agree with Valerie, it does deserve a frame, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bleached card -- just a stunning effect. Fun beach house card too - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a very elegant card, Chrissie. Stunning effect! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! that's just stunning Chrissie. I love the colour... my Mum has poppies this colour in her back garden!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a stunning effect on this elegant card. thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! Thanks for joining CAS on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bleach effect! Lovely card. Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie