Monday 23 January 2012

Casual Friday Black & White

I've just spent half the morning it seems, looking for my camera charger. Things have come to light in the process which I hadn't realised were missing, but it's good to know that they are in their rightful places once more. Eventually, when on the phone to my daughter to ask if perchance I had left the charger at her house, I spied a tell tale bit of cable under the unit which houses my guillotine! Eureka! One camera charger!
I don't seem to have had so much time for challenges in latter months... maybe something to do with the amount of commenting I do for "Less is More", but I fancied a go at the Casual Friday challenge of a clean and simple, black and white card.
I'm not really sure of all the components of this one... Martha Stewart flower border punch, Spellbinder Pennant die for the Kaisercraft sentiment. I think the butterfly is from a Marianne Creatable die, gently glittered with Glamour Dust although it's hard to see it in this picture. I'm not certain about the embossing folder.. it's a large one(5x7), with no identifying feature on it, but I think it looks great.
I'm afraid I haven't managed to capture the detail on the white parts of the card, but this was the best I could do before my camera battery died.
I shall be looking after my grandchildren for a couple of days from Wednesday, so I'd like to get a little crafting done before that... there will be no chance whilst I have those two munchkins to care for!!
Sir Stampalot - Monochromatic

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That embossing folder is just the perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie...this is absolutely beautiful!!!! Striking and stunning in the design and your use of the black and white...love it:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty Chrissie, the flowers look fabulous against the trellis embossing :)
    You are so good with all the commenting you both do at LIM, I can see how it would eat up all your crafting time! Enjoy your munchkins... they'll be wanting to craft WITH you soon enough!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - I love the border effect on the black. I believe the EF is a Crafts Too one as I think I bought the same one recently.
    Sorry the commenting keeps you away from crafting :(
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that embossing folder and the white punchies that just pop off of it! All your comments are so appreciated, Chrissie. I'm glad you got a chance to play too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about Munchkins, my little one is doing some colouring in at the moment so I've grabbed a few seconds to do some commenting. This is a gorgeous B&W card and that embossing folder is stunning. And we really do appreciate all the commenting you and Mandi do for the LIM challenges, it has helped me no end in my CAS card making. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply fab Chrissie... i love black and white cards

    jen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card-it's so effective in the white and black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet design. Your flowers look lovely against the dark texture. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chrissie
    Fabby card...... I have enter this one for the 1st time....
    Hugs Sylvie
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi hun
    gorgeous card, fab design luv all the embossed lines, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  12. just perfect lovin the look brill hugs sassy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fabulous Chrissie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. A really elegant creation Chrissie.

    Thank you so much for joining in our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and look forward to seeing you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just gorgeous!! That embossed background is awesome!!!

    No problem about my submission at LIM - I had been working on a different card and came across the LIM challenge and thought I'd use the leftovers' and just got carried away!! LOL

    You can remove the submission if you like - no offense taken :)

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Chrissie, love the embossed background.Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chrissie this is one beautiful and classy card I just love the black and white colour theme, that embossing along with the flowers look super.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the texture of the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its an weekend with blacks and whites color. Just Like the day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Chrissie, I love that embossing and how you have put the whole card together xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ilove this! The punched border really stands out against that fabulous trellis embossed background.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks amazing!! Love the embossed background with the fine little details on this card! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a fabulous card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is stunning Chrissie! Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    I hope all is well with you.
    Hugs and best wishes, Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie