Friday 24 June 2011

White plus one other colour

When I received a set of stamps recently from Indigo Blu I was having a play around with them and came up with this card.
I stamped the lady and then masked her to fill in the background. She, the manuscript  and the sentiment come from the same set, but the other stamps I used are from different manufacturers. The tower and the script are from U Mount and I think that the postmark may be from the same travel set, or from SU French Foliage. They are fairly similar.
The challenge from Charisma Cardz this week it to use white plus one other colour. I hope this counts as I have distressed the white in this case and also applied the cracked glass technique using Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. However it was so thick the 'glass' has sort of broken rather than merely being cracked!
There is a piece of black lace behind the left hand side of the image, although my photograph doesn't really show it too well and I think the sentiment is super.... so true too!

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this card!The lady stamp is fantastic and I love the music background.I think the cracked UTEE really adds to the vintagey feel of it.I've got to have those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Chrissie. Love the cracked glass effect. Shame about not being able to see the lace but I bet it looks fab IRL. That sentiment is so true. Have you been watching Rock Choir on the telly? didn`t think it was my thing but I`m hooked. Wish I could sing...
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! love everything.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wat aa nice card, I find it really beautiful
    greetings mina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sentiment too and that lady is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful sentiment and I love the vintage styling of the card. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and so different for you! everything works and the cracks are just right. It is the sentiment that sets the whole alight it is one of those that just ring true you wonder why you never heard them before. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab vintage collage Chrissie and the sentiment is spot on :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect, a fab sentment with a fab card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I really like the collage effect and the cracked glass is perfect for the stamps you used too! Very vintage!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is stunning.Loving all the the techniques you have used. Hope to see you at Charisma again real soon.

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie