Wednesday 13 April 2011

Cards and Things

I was playing around with a set of stamps from Inkylicious, which I bought recently at the NEC.
I began by masking the card with Post its and sponging the background, then used this really versatile flourish stamp. It has so many differently shaped twiddly bits that it's easy to get the shape of outline I need for edging frames etc. The other two images from the set are the face and the background script. The flourish almost looks like the lady's hair doesn't it!
The challenge from Cards and Things this week is to use the colours Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Marina Mist, and  I just love this combination of shades.
This was just an experiment really, but I quite like it!
The sentiment is one from a clear set from Personal Impressions which I bought for £2.99 from the NEC on my previous visit. They are so useful!

14 comments:

  1. oh this is gorgeous hun love that stamp and what a great buy just beautiful hugs cherylx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Chrissie, I havn't done any masking yet. It's on my to do list. You always inspire me. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chrissie.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card !!!! Thanks for playing along !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb card Chrissie, looks like something I may need to try later :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, she looks so serene. Love how you have merged your different stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the effect you've achieved it reminds me of a renaisance sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow great stamping Chrissie, yes the script looks just like it could be hair. lovely card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Chrissie. It's just the sort of thing I would like to create, but never manage it. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your combination of stamps and the softness of your colours. A very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissy, my, my, that's a pretty card, love the colours you used:0)
    Thank you for your kind comments on my card. You asked how I achieved the faded background. The stamp had been used so there was ink albeit faded on it already. So I inked it up again but lifted the edge of the ink pad (like when using distress inks on a piece of cut and dry to fade a colour in)and re-inked, hey presto faded edge!
    Have a great day:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this card. The colours are perfect and I like the way you layered your images.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely combination of soft, subtle colours. I really like the way you've created the image from all those stamps - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie