Friday 8 April 2011

Candy Stripes

I'm just waiting for my friend to arrive before setting off for Salisbury, where we will be singing in a concert in the cathedral on Saturday night. There's a rehearsal this evening, so we thought we'd go and make a weekend of it... a little shopping might just occur somewhere along the line.
We will be singing Beethoven's Missa Solemnis... and I have to say that there are some quite tricky passages in it.... you could tell he was deaf when he wrote it!
I was just testing to see if I had set up my printer driver correctly, so I printed off this stripy paper (Pink Petticoat) and then thought I would do a couple of challenges using the paper.
SU stamps and border punch, Cuddly Buddly yellow spotty paper.
Just add Ink - Picture Inspiration
Clean and Simple 135 Sketch

13 comments:

  1. Lovely bold colours - perfect for a sunny day. Have a great weekend of singing and shopping ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 'envelope flap' style of design and the paper pieced parcels (that's a tongue twister!!) are fab.
    Hope all goes well this evening.
    Jennie X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Chrissie, those stripes are so fresh! Hope your concert/shopping goes well, Salisbury is a lovely venue. I'm singing on Monday in London for a charity, not quite the same songs as you do though :))
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, I love the border punch too.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - have a brilliant weekend - will be lovely if the weather stays nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very effective card, Chrissie, using that circle with the stripes. Hope your concert goes really well and that you enjoy the rest of the weekend sunshine in Salisbury. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, as always, Chrissie. Love the bright summery colours and your little paper pieced parcels. Have a great weekend. Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the patterns in this card - it is so cheerful!

    Have a wonderful concert!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Chrissie love that striped paper and design looks super.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometime could you please explain how you go about printing the papers from Cuddly Buddly, what kind of paper you use for instance? I printed out some digi-papers but they seemed washed out so I must be doing something wrong. Your cards and papers always look so vivid. Thanks! Love your blog and enjoy your creativity so much.
    Carrie C

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have managed to combine some pretty hard colours together for this JAI challenge Chrissie, and come yup with a winner. Thanks for playing at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for using the inspiration at Just Add Ink for this beautiful CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the way you have used the colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie