Saturday 23 April 2011

Anniversary

I was looking at the Docrafts site, which I use to visit daily prior to starting my blog some years ago and spotted Clare Curd's challenge, which this week is a sketch.
The simplicity appealed to me and so I thought that I would make a card using it. I amalgamated a challenge from Mark's Finest papers and so made it an Anniversary card.
The base square is double embossed and inked using a Spellbinders Impressabilities stencil, together with a Nestie Square.

  • I cut the square and left the card in the die
  • I inked a section of the stencil large enough to cover the area of the square and placed the card, still in the die, onto to stencil cutting side uppermost
  • I placed a piece of thin scrap paper over this to prevent any ink transferring to my tan mat.
  • I then ran it through my Cuttlebug, using the following sandwich
  1. B plate
  2. Impressabilities stencil (inked side uppermost)
  3. Die-cut square still in the die (cutting side uppermost)
  4. Thin scrap paper
  5. Tan Mat
  6. 2 thin card shims
  7. B Plate
The butterfly is double layered, matt silver card, then acetate, embossed, glued and glittered and die-cut with a Cuttlebug die.
The sentiment is stamped in Encore silver ink and mounted on Spellbinders tags.
A little bling just added to the interest!
I quite like it!

32 comments:

  1. Stunning card - thanks for the instructions on how to create that double embossed square

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chrissie I just ADORE that card, well done! fed your fish for you too :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh lovely! Must try the double embossing technique and love the spellbinders tag!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card - love the embossed square and super tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOE your card hunni
    that silver, flourish embellishment is FAB I need it!!

    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie- Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well how fun to have you playing in my challenge!! I love this sketch and your double bfly is so pretty with the glitter! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ow! Love that clean style, with white and silver. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends and wishing us a happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card Chrissie - so elegant! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfectly elegant card and the silver just elevates it to a whole new level.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Chrissie, yours are always so clean and elegant looking :-) Love the LIM one below too
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! my gosh this is soooooo beautiful, so stylish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and elegant! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is simply beautiful Chrissie, I've just discovered LIM and entred my first challenge. Doing a little surfing and love the creative sites I'm discovering. Cheers, Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card,Chrissie
    I'm having withdrawel sypmtons this week. I'm running late will make my LIMette card ASAP Happy Easter
    xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter Chrissie x Another perfect card - a real beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is beautiful Chrissie. I absolutely love the way you've created the background to your square nestie.
    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card Chrissie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chrissie...this is a FABULOUS card!! love the embossing and I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi there Chrissie, fab card, love the silver and white together and the embossing works really well. The spellbinders tag is one of my all time favourites, cute curly ends, just delicious! He he he!
    Thank you for another great challenge, enjoy the rest of the holidays:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting technique. I love the card, it's so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab! Fab! Fab!

    Awesome card.

    By the way, how did you add the reactions poll? It's pretty cool.

    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect card indeed, I absolutely love the crispness of it, looks very professional. TFS, Hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this card is fantastic sorry late on comments not been able to get on the internet till now not sure how long for har har Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Simply STUNNING

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card, definately less is more:) I always think its such a shame when we cant see all the embossing and layering on the cards, but we do have good imaginations us crafters:) So we know what it looks like in the flesh - so to speak!!
    love
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a gorgeous card Chrissie, really beautiful. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning! Love the way you made the butterfly and it looks perfect on the scrolled background.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your elegant card!! Awesome!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  30. so lovely..thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your card is so elegant and beautiful! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie