The simplicity appealed to me and so I thought that I would make a card using it. I amalgamated a challenge from Mark's Finest papers and so made it an Anniversary card.
The base square is double embossed and inked using a Spellbinders Impressabilities stencil, together with a Nestie Square.
- I cut the square and left the card in the die
- I inked a section of the stencil large enough to cover the area of the square and placed the card, still in the die, onto to stencil cutting side uppermost
- I placed a piece of thin scrap paper over this to prevent any ink transferring to my tan mat.
- I then ran it through my Cuttlebug, using the following sandwich
- B plate
- Impressabilities stencil (inked side uppermost)
- Die-cut square still in the die (cutting side uppermost)
- Thin scrap paper
- Tan Mat
- 2 thin card shims
- B Plate
The butterfly is double layered, matt silver card, then acetate, embossed, glued and glittered and die-cut with a Cuttlebug die.
The sentiment is stamped in Encore silver ink and mounted on Spellbinders tags.
A little bling just added to the interest!
I quite like it!