Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easel Wedding Card

There's nothing particularly special about this easel card except I thought I would show you what I did with the Spellbinders Fancy Tag.
I made the sentiment on the computer and wanted to mount it on the card using a fancy tag, but the sentiment was too long to fit in the space, so I did a little modification.

  • I began by arranging the die around one end of the sentiment and rolling it just part-way through the machine cutting just one half it. 
  • I then rolled it back out of the machine, lifted off the die and arranged it around the other end of the sentiment and again rolled it just half way though the machine, cutting the other half, before rolling it back out.
On the left, one half of the sentiment has been cut and the die arranged around the other end of the sentiment, ready to be run through the Cuttlebug to cut the other half.
On the right you can see the finished die-cut compared to the original die.
I thought it was quite a good idea. I have reduced the size of Spellbinders dies many times, but this is the first time that I have enlarged one!
Die Cut Dreams - Weddings 

18 comments:

  1. I love all your clever ways with dies Chrissie I really do! Fab card, all the different textures make it very 'wow'
    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. just beautiful... I love it.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really clever way of extending your die...must give this a try sometime, thank you Chrissie for sharing this with us and your card is gorgeous.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Chrissie I love the pearl stopper :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hun
    a beautiful card, well ya lost me on the die, how come in no leave an imprint?mmm will have to play at it to see what you do, after me hols of course, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is VERY clever! Thanks for sharing your tips Chrissie. I love the white-on-white look you've created here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always know the card's been made by you even before it's confirmed! Another stunner Chrissie and great work with the die. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another superb card - thanks for the explanation on how you elongated the tag die - must try that one sometime

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning card Chrissie thanks for the tip xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really clever idea! Thank you for sharing! And i totally love your card!

    thank you for playing with us at Die cut dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - you are a master of white on white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chrissie, i think it's special! it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful easel card, and such a great idea to elongate the die cut and get more from the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a beautiful card Chrissie, and thank you so much for the tip with the die, really clever. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with what Anne said Chrissie, you have a sytle all of your own - they are fabulous and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing with us at Die Cut Dreams this time. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card and thank you so much for the die tip

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie