Monday 18 April 2011

For a Hen Party Book

I thought I'd show you this little lot, which I just made in answer to a request from a friend of my daughter's whose own wedding stationery I made some time ago.
She is to be chief  bridesmaid soon and is organising a 'Hen Do' for her friend. She wants to present the bride-to-be with a book of pictures, memories and recipes from the other 'hens'.
So she asked me to make cards for each of them to write their special memories in, which can in turn be stuck into the book.
The theme of the wedding black and white (you may have guessed).
The morning I received the request, a new set of grungy heart  stamps from Stempelglede arrived, so I decided to use them for the cards. I wanted to make each one different, so once I had used the individual ones from the set, I went rummaging through my stamps to find what other hearts I could find and then masked them after stamping to add the grungy flourishes from Stempelglede, to try to make them look as though they are part of the set.
Here is one of the cards where you can see the flourish that I have added behind the SU stamped image.
If you zoom in to the first picture you will probably be able to tell which are the adapted ones!
The largest card is for the front of the book!
I quite enjoyed doing this little lot!

21 comments:

  1. oh wow Chrissie !! these are fabulous !! I am sure the 'Hen' will be thrilled with the book ,, lovely idea too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, and wow again! I absolutely love these, what a fab selection of hearts and a great gift. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing idea - the b2b will LOVE it I'm sure - such a personal gift. The cards are also totally stunning - I love stempelglede and I think your adapted ones match in superbly. Wowser!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous set! Love all the different stamps you've used :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous set of cards and what a brilliant idea. Love all tose different hearts.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work Chrissie. I have one of those hearts and not thought about teaming it with another stamp so must give that a go, thanks for the inspiration.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This gorgeous set took my breath away. What a great idea for the bride-to-be too - won't she be delighted?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi hun
    wow you have been busy a beautiful set of cards, good girl no gems! lol, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUTSTANDING and StUnNiNg set of cards. How beautiful and so full of inspiration. so glad you shared i am sat here with dropped jaw they are so.... breathtaking:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are so stylish Chrissie I love them all, black and white is always so elegant
    Thanks for your comment on my blog
    In answer to your questions ........
    LOL it's lucky I don't have a mortgage anymore Chrissie,
    I tell you what when I've moved would you like to come over and play for the afternoon (what I really mean is teach me to use all that stuff !! he he )
    The card goes on a stand I did say in my post but I couldn't get a good photo coz of the acetate (heres one same style I made without acetate it's my own design I sell them in my shop http://sassydesignsbysusie.blogspot.com/2010/06/its-all-white-now.html )
    The acetate is only attached in one spot behind the punched bird right in the middle with a little spot of strong clear drying glue from WoC.
    And Lastly I did'nt stamp the birds they are printed on the Papermania acetate.
    Glad you like it
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Chrissie! I adore these, such a fab idea! I bet the hen will love them!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what a thoughtful clever idea,im sure the Hen will love these they are so very elegant...Fabulous

    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a sweet idea and I love the heart theme here. I probably wouldn't look twice at these stamps but you've illustrated them brilliantly. I can't tell which are the mix n match designs!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chrissie, I have to admit these are totally gorgeous and a brilliant idea, well done:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lost for words Chrissie! what a fabulous idea in the first place and then your cards just took my breath away.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This bride is going to have a wonderful keepsake! Your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a brilliant idea - the bride is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are stunning Chrissie, they look so classy and are such a great idea for the hen's night and will be such a keepsake for the bride.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowzers, what an awesome set. Think the bride will be very pleased with her gift, such a lovely idea too. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea and so original something that will be treasured for years to come.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie