Thursday 21 April 2011

OLW 50 Thanks

The challenge this week at One Layer Wednesday is to make a Thank you card using an old stamp.
This Hobby Art image is one of the first that I bought and has sadly lost condition due to a session using it with bleach!
Despite cleaning it immediately after use, the bleach seems to have reacted with the rubber and made it slightly tacky and I don't get such a crisp impression as I did when it was first purchased... but I can't bring myself to throw it away.
The sentiment is part of a polymer stamp from Heidi Swapp. It actually has another word of thanks at right angles to these, which I didn't need for this card, so I simply covered it with sticky tape whilst I inked the stamp and then pulled it off before stamping.
The rectangle was sponged with the same Crumb cake ink using a mask.
Have a great day!

.

20 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Chrissie.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. crum cake ink... what a wonderful name! like the colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Chrissie. Love the muted tones of the crumb cake.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the really soft tones - I wouldn't throw the stamp away either it still gives a great print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a really pretty card Chrissie- I like it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certainly glad that you have kept this stamp because you have made a wonderfully subtle and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie, great card, love the colour, stamps and the composition. That's just about all of it LOL. Hope you enjoy the holiday weekend:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the stamp still works beautifully because you have made this lovely card with it. Perfectly clean and simple. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the monotone and such a great colour. I don't possess any SU products but my sister Karen (Serendipity Dragonfly) and Anne (Stamps and Paper) are hosting a crafting day in July and I am going!!!! By the way Chrissie I trimmed the right side of my card and it looks much better!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a serene and elegant card! Sticky tape on the stamp? I'll remember that. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAB card hunni
    Love that stamp
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the colour you have used, I can see why you don't want to throw the stamp away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful and subtle card Chrissie.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card! that image is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do like that image and is understand not getting rid of it. Have you tried rubbing it with a little oil or something like wd40? Sometimes oil will remove sticky stuff. Love the sentiment and I need to remember the tape trick!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely card. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Chrissie that image and sentiment is just perfect.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very lovely card Chrissie. Your stamp still made a lovely card, regardless of the bleach damage. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie