Saturday 31 October 2020

HAPPY Birthday


I recently bought this large HAPPY die from SSS, I actually thought that I would use it with lots of colours, but somehow gold and black just kind of happened. The 'birthday' was joined to another 'Happy' at the t and d, but I chopped it off. I actually like a mix of print and script for sentiments, both die cut and stamped  as well as computer generated.  I began by stamping  a simple grungy dot background and heat embossed it in gold. Whenever I use this leaf spray die I seem to lose some of the leaf inserts, I did think of using just the outline, but the dotty background looked a little odd through the leaves. I spent ages looking for one bit which pinged onto the floor! I sometimes find bits inside my slippers!

I don't know if anyone else has had a similar experience with the new Blogger,  but several times I have had to save a challenge icon before I could add it to my Blog... usually I would just copy and paste it. It's a bit of a pain really! Today was a case in point with these two badges. I wonder if it's anything to do with the way the badge is added initially? Who knows!







 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The black and gold look great together and your dotted background if fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! a really handsome card for a man's birthday with not a flower in sight! Thank you, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The layers of gold is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, love your word die cut card! PERFECTION and perfect for the JUGS Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie