Wednesday 28 October 2020

Fa la la la la, la la la la


I had fun with this one. I began with the wreath dies, cut from white card, then inked with a couple of shades of Distress Ink, then clear heat embossed a couple of times. I cut another twiggy branch type die using brown paper. This die was much larger, but as is was much thinner, I could cut it and then weave it through the other die. The twirly bits are actually from a thread die... it came with a needle too, but I rarely seem to use that!
The sentiment is from MFT. 
I keep all my dies on A4 Magnetic Sheets in themed, plastic file boxes. I must admit to having a bit of an obsession with die cutting and I have literally hundreds of dies. I have been known to buy the same die more than once, as often when I see them, I think I must buy that, forgetting that it had already been purchased and squirreled away. 
 I don't have room to store all the packaging, although I have kept a lot. I can't find the pack that the wreath dies came in but I'll keep looking!

The theme at Christmas Craft Creations  this month is Christmas Music. 
It doesn't look as though I'll be singing this carol this year, as my choir hasn't managed to meet to rehearse apart from Zoom sessions for about 6 months. It's planned to start socially distanced, risk assessed, super sanitized, non mingling, reduced time, un-coffee-breaked rehearsals this coming week! There won't be room for everyone so as an OLD person, I think I'll leave space for the younger members.
I love the idea of getting Christmas cards done throughout the year, it saves a lot of pressure when the time comes around, so do join us with this jolly challenge!




4 comments:

  1. This is stunning. The simplicity is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My IRL friend also sings in a choir but when she looked at the restrictions she also said 'where's the fun in that? So she won't be singing this year. She raves about somebody who did lives earlier this year - Gareth Malone? I have no idea but she said he saved her sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo, Chrissie! This is phenomenal, I love it! The shading on the leaves looks fabulous, loving the twirly thready tendrils and the delicate texture of your card base just adds to the class. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie