Friday 23 October 2020

Christmas Blessings


Recently I saw two things which caught my eye, one was a sketch and the other was a colour combination so I thought I would try top combine the tow.
Here is the sketch at CASe this sketch
 
...and this is the colour combo at Color Throwdown
The base of this card is cut from some ivory hessian or hopsack (not sure which) card from Paper Mill Direct. It's a lovely creamy shade. I cut the poinsettia from some card which I had heat embossed in gold (to add a little interest). The edges of the holly leaves were gently inked with some Pumice Stone Distress Ink  to relieve the slightly flat appearance of the bare card. The heat embossed gold sentiment is from MFT. Looking at it now I think that a little smidge from a gold inkpad here and there might have looked quite good. Maybe next time!
The leaves are really starting to change now and in a couple of weeks when the clocks go back, it will seem that winter won't be far away!

8 comments:

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie