Monday 14 September 2020

Wonderful Memories


A friend asked me to make a card for her with this specific wording. Needless to say I had to make the sentiment on the computer, which in a way is a good thing, because I could choose a font to suit the image I was using.
I began by cutting the aperture with a die which I bought from a French company called Simply Graphics. Isn't it delicate! The flowers were cut (using a die by Alexandra Renke) from a piece of card which I had coloured by smooshing with some purple inks with a little platinum Inka Gold. I popped a tiny, tiny  gem into the centre of each of them. 
To get the sentiment just where I wanted it, I  die-cut a piece of copy paper with the aperture die. With my Word programme set to 105%, the size of the page on my screen matches a piece of A4 paper. So by putting the lines of text into text boxes and making them transparent, I could jiggle them around so that when the die-cut piece of paper is put over my screen, I can see if the positioning is correct. It's a bit Heath Robinson, but it works for me.
I thought that this card would work well for the challenge at Less is More
This time it's Shades of Purple.
This is the challenge which I created with Mandi in 2011 and I am simply thrilled that since stepping back, the tradition of wonderful CAS designs has continued with the fabulous bunch of designers.
Thank you girls for all the wonderful inspiration! Long may you continue to inspire!
 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chrissie . I remember LIM starting. I hadn’t been cardmaking very long and found Cas cards very difficult then! Hope you’re keeping well and safe!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CAS, so very elegant too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely beyond words. The die and the added flowers is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very stylish take on the purple theme, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful & elegant CAS card. Lovely layers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stylish, elegant and understated ... just beautiful! Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Chrissie and lovely to see you joining in at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie