Sunday 13 September 2020

Feliz Navidad


I'm really fond of these trees, I don't remember if they're Simon Says Stamp or Memory Box, but the shape really appeals to me.
I took the idea of cutting the front section into thirds from Just Us Girls

Anything Goes

...but I started with the idea of making a second card with the trees after seeing Darnell's latest Twofer Challenge


Both cards use the same stamp set from Mama Elephant, the same Embossing Folder from Sheena Douglass and the same tree die, so I'm not sure if they fulfil the criterion of being 'different'! I find Darnell's challenges really tricky... maybe I have a one track mind and once I've come up with and idea for a stamp or die, find it difficult to deviate... 'til the next time I use it!

Time to go for our daily walk, trying to walk off the effects of the lockdown cocktails!

13 comments:

  1. I love your CAS style on both these cards Chrissie! Even though you used all the same elements for both cards, they are still both BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are gorgeous both ways, Chrissie! Very elegant cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the textures you've used together in a clean-and-simple card. It's really striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love this embossing folder. What is the name of it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s Snow by Sheena Douglass, but I think it’s no longer available sadly!

      Delete
  5. Your cards are beautiful. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Both are gorgeous, and those trees so delicate -- easy to see why they appeal to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both these beautiful cards...time to start fall cards, but also working on Christmas. Will try to case both if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to start those Christmas cards! I love the way you divided the panel on your first card! I do like the look of those trees as well. Almost Dr.Seuss like....in a good way! As for the second card! I love the swooping hill! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aah, you know how much I love that snow e/f, Chrissie! It really wraps the viewer in a warm snowy hug and I love those trees, too. Both designs are just lovely whether swooped or cut in thirds and framed in gold! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #31! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those trees are a fabulous grouping on both your thirds card with the fab snow or your lovely white landscape card. Thank you for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge #31.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are simply stunning! I love the hint of color on the first one and the all white on the second. I agree those trees are so pretty. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie