Tuesday 15 September 2020

Die Embossing


Here is yet another contribution to the challenge at CAS Mix UP

For this one I began with an embossing folder from Sizzix and a die by Alexandra Renke. I placed the die, cutting side uppermost, on to the open Sizzix Embossing folder, followed by  the card and then a rubber mat and finally the top plate of the sandwich.
I water-coloured the embossed leaf, stamped a few random dots and and a little script stamp , although that just looks like general distressing! A few spritzes of shimmer and then gold inked, scraped edges finished the panel. I die-cut another leaf and coloured that with Distress inks and a little smidge of gold ink. I just stamped a simple sentiment to complete the card.
I have to say it is fun learning new techniques!
Die- Cuts with optional stamped sentiment




 

8 comments:

  1. A lovely card Chrissie and am so glad that you have enjoyed this challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me with these beauties. Simply beautiful and refined. I don't get tired ;)
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gooooooodness. The texture of this background is positively lovely. It's slightly vintage with such an elegant feel. Beautiful make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! That embossed background and your leaf turned out fantastic. I am definitely going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's interesting about this technique, is you can choose from either side of the card stock after embossing...one is more inlaid and the other pops out! Sometimes hard to make a choice....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Chrissie! LOVE the double embossing with the folder and die. So cool. Thanks for explaining how you did that. Your leaf sprigs are gorgeous. Love the earthy tones of this card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have certainly embraced this technique, Chrissie! I love this embossed background with the embossed and die cut leaves! I have enjoyed all your cards, this month! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Chrissie! I first thought you inlaid a die cut leaf! Embossing the leaf in an embossing folder is so creative! Want to give it a try! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie