Monday 14 September 2020

Peace Love Joy


Here is another attempt at a new (to me) technique for embossing with dies. This time I followed instructions from a video by Jennifer McGuire. After wiping both the card and the die an antistatic bag, I inked the die gently with Versamark and carefully placed it on the card over a rubber mat and ran it through my Big Shot, using the sandwich for embossing. After taking it out I heat embossed it with Gold embossing powder.
The sentiment is from a set by Hero Arts. After embossing, I cut it out with a pennant die from MFT, cutting part way from each end, to create a rectangle rather than a flag.
In order to get the tree panel to co-ordinate with the sentiment, I used the largest of the MFT pennant set of dies, which is a little longer than the the card is tall, to give matching  pierced edges to it.
This was a bit of an experiment with the technique, so next time I'll think a little more about the actual design of the card rather than just having a go at the technique.
Stamping, Die Cutting, Embossing with Dies.


I'll have to try this technique again!

9 comments:

  1. I love this Chrissie. I have that leaf/tree die but never really know how to use it to best effect. I love the colour of the card you've used too.
    I tried to do the embossing technique and failed miserably, yours is beautiful.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experiment? This is awesome Chrissie. From the die heat embossing to the textured card base with the touch of green, it can't get better than that, but then you always surprise us. I love it. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! ....until next time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I watched that video and I am happy to see that it worked for you, sometimes Jennifer makes things look so easy. Now you have inspired me to give it a try! Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful results with this technique, Chrissy, especially with the dark card! Love the piercing and the contrast of the dark green, gold and white! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, CAS perfection and stunning effect with the die cut embossing. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful die embossed and heat embossed tree, Chrissie. I love how your beautiful green panel and sentiment tag match with the stitched borders and your textured card front. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work with this technique. I have yet to get this to work for me. :) Will have to give it another go! Your tree is beautiful. I love the gold embossing on that gorgeous green. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card using this (hard for me) technique with the embossing powder Chrissie. Another great addition to our gallery at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great textures on this CAS Design Chrissie with the watercolor paper and embossed die cut tree - it looks like leather - wonderful choice of your 3 word sentiment! Thanks for sharing again with CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie