Monday 9 September 2019

Feel better

A short time ago I saw a card using these fabulous fish on the internet and just loved them, so I just had to get them from Rubbernecker. The die which complements them fits amazingly and I am delighted with my purchase.
This card uses the baby wipe and stencil technique as requested at the CAS Stencil challenge. I made a stencil in vellum from a Sizzix die and used it over a daubed Distress Ink backdrop, removing a little colour with a baby wipe. I wasn't too keen on the transition at the top of the inking and so decided to use this La La Land  die to effect the join.
I simply added a little seaweed from a Sizzix die, and a sentiment from Sugar Peas Designs.

7 comments:

  1. Fun underwater seascape with your stamped and die cut fish, Chrissie. Your die cut La La Land transition turned out perfectly. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous - love those fish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I can see why you fell for those fish! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card, those fish are such characters! Love how you've used the baby wipe technique for the background, thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic design Chrissie! LOVE the expressiononthe fishes faces. :) Makes me smile. Great work with making your own stencil and then removing colour with a baby wipe. Great idea to add that sweet die-cut at the top of the fishnet. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those fish are just the cutest Chrissie! love the colors you used for your ocean as well as the stencil - and that die cut border has wonderful lines! I love seeing your CAS Stencil challenge cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is suh a fun design. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie