Saturday 14 September 2019

Christmas is coming


I've had this Christmas pudding stamp for a very long and haven't used it in fact for a number of years. I was quite surprised that its condition seems to have deteriorated to the extent that the rubber has hardened and wouldn't stamp cleanly. Even with Versafine ink, which normally will make a good impression from any stamp, it wasn't working, so I had to resort to putting the wooden stamp in the microwave for a short while to loosen the glue so that I could take the stamp off the block to try in my Misti. After several stampings I got a reasonable impression. It's strange but once I get an idea into my head I need to carry it through... another stamp wouldn't do, I wanted to use this one!
Anyway, once stamped I coloured it with Copics and then twinkled the icing part with Glamour Dust and  covered the rest with NUVO Crystal Glaze.
The sentiment is from Creative Dies.
CAS Christmas Holiday Treats 
CAS on Friday Use Die cut words

This card would fit into CAS in Friday's challenge too, but I don't know how to add two cards from the same post to the same challenge.
I got the elements for this card as freebies from a magazine.
The Merry Christmas was in fact part of the wreath die, but I cut it apart before triple embossing in Gold. I managed to find a circle die which was just the same diameter as the wreath so that I could make an aperture and attach the wreath to the edge. I used two of the little bird stamps to make the revolving part, fixed onto a piece of gold thread.
Christmas Kickstart - Scandinavian Christmas
I may make another for this challenge as there are loads of super Scandi stamps in the give away.

3 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable, Chrissie! I know what you mean about having to finish the card you imagined - I'm just the same. If your stamp is still a little iffy try cleaning it with Stazon stamp cleaner solution. It cleans but usefully also conditions your stamps and peps them up a little. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart, love that Scandi look, Jox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little Christmas pudding is adorable and looks so tempting, Chrissie! Yay for your perseverance. I have trouble giving up on an idea myself! The die cut sentiments are wonderful. Usually the die cut sentiments are so large. Love your Scandinavian bird and how he spins around. Love that deep red and gold! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Good luck at the Kickstart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas pudding turned out perfect, Chrissie. It was worth the effort. And now you can use it again and it will be much easier with your Misti. I LOVE the glaze and the dusting on top to add some lovely sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie