Friday 13 September 2019

A couple of cards

Here is another card for the challenge at CAS Stencil which is to use Baby Wipes.
I made a stencil in  vellum from a Sizzix die. After daubing some Pumice Stone Distress Ink onto  a piece of  card, I laid the stencil over it and removed some of the colour with a Baby Wipe. I cut a couple of leaf sprigs, one from some packaging (in fact I think it was the rolled centre of some wrapping paper) and the other from some white card which coloured slightly here and there with some more Pumice Stone ink.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted and a few tiny pearls finished the card.


This next card is for a few challenges

I took the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch


The Theme from Inspire Create
and the word prompt from Inskirational

I cropped the corners of this card with my We R Memory Keepers 3/8 corner rounder. It matched the contours of my Framelit die cut (which I used for the embossed piece) perfectly.  I actually used a rectangle die but shortened it to make a square. 

I used Paper Mill Direct pearlised card for the base and backdrop of this card. It's a really pale blueish colour. I've had it for ages... waiting for the opportunity to use it! I have so much hoarded away since before their retail outlets closed. The foliage stamp is from Altenew and the sentiment from Avery Elle. I dry embossed the background with a Sizzix/SU embossing folder.
Both of these cards are similar in sentiment and i think that both have  tranquil feel.

5 comments:

  1. 2 gorgeous cards Chrissie, such a great idea to make a stencil from vellum, I must try that! Thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful monochromatic cards Chrissie! LOVE the first one with the stencil lifting. Gorgeous, soft design that is perfect for these colours and with the beautiful die-cut leaf sprig. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely designs Chrissie - I LOVE the stone/pumice colors on your baby wipe stencil card - using your die cut stencil and pretty stems - thanks for joining in again! with the CAS Stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are jaw droppingly gorgeous. As for your card for Inkspirational I think it’s a muted, elegant design, very fitting as a condolence card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful designs. LOVE the stencil lift on the first one, such an elegant look. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie