Saturday 14 September 2019

Lots of dies

I love this colour combination. It's a mix of inks, card and scrap paper.
I sploshed a little Distress Ink in Pumice stone and Festive berries onto a piece of card before spritzing with water  then die cutting the flowers (by Alexandra Renke) when dry. For the squares, I simply daubed a little Pumice Stone ink randomly onto the card before die cutting.
To compose the card I began by stamping some grunge dots before layering the die cuts over each other and adding a little fine twine bow. The sentiment from Avery Elle was stamped onto a piece of scrap paper/card from the middle of a roll of wrapping paper and embossed in white.
 
The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes


I remember from my teaching days the wonderful stories by Barbara Firth  and also by David Bedford about a Big Bear and Little Bear and this stamp set from mama Elephant makes me think of those stories. 
They each love the other to the Moon and Back!
I layered the die cuts and because the bear has a grey outline (Memento London Fog), I decided to add a grey base layer to the stacked word die cuts and offset it slightly so it can just be seen.
Both parts were liberally sprinkled with Glamour Dust. I started off with the bears stamped directly onto the card, but it looked rather out of place against the dimension of the sentiment, so I stamped another and added it on dimensional pads over the first image.
Die Cut Words

6 comments:

  1. Always love your cards! BTW, we currently doing Scandi at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, thank you for sharing so many beautiful cards. I've been a subscriber for about a year, and can't count the number of your ideas that I've saved, or the number of stamps and dies I have bought because of you! Your talent is an inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for your lovely comments Eve, I'm thrilled that you decided to leave a a few words of encouragement for me. I often wonder who has visited my blog and what they thought, so I'm simply delighted that you took the time to tell me. It is much appreciated!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful! Thanks so much for linking at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your card! So sweet! Thanks for joining CAS on Friday! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and I love the die cuts and the flower. Great job and thanks for joining for The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie