Saturday 8 November 2014

What is a leaf stamp when it's not a leaf?

The challenge this time at Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge, is to use a non-Christmas stamp to make a Christmas image!
The link to the challenge is on my sidebar.
I chose to use this Paper Artsy leaf stamp to make a little Christmas Penguin!
There is a line in the design on this stamp which just follows a natural line where the colouring of the penguin's plumage changes. I heat embossed each side of the stamp, one in white, one in black and added a little punched circle for his eye with an ink dot for the centre.
The embossing folder is from Cuttlebug and was free with my new machine. The snowflake is fro Simon Says Stamp, I think the holly is from an Impression Obsession die.
I have made this stamp into  a robin and a chicken in the past, it's really quite adaptable!
Do join in this challenge... it's fun!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is so creative Chrissie. The most beautiful and elegant penguin I've ever seen! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have seen this creation at the challenge blog. an eye catching and unique creation, love how you used it for a theme, stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely, stunning card, fab idea I just love the end result...TFS, this is one i will case...BIG UGZZZ Denise (UK) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picture me, bowing down to the Queen of Innovation and Creativity. Holy Christmas, Chrissie! Turning this leaf stamp into birds like you do is beyond genius!! Your penguin is the best one yet!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie