Saturday 15 November 2014

More than one tree LIM challenge

I love images of trees and have dies and stamps a-plenty so this challenge is a real gem for me!
The challenge at LESS IS MORE is More than one tree
Here are a few cards I made with this challenge in mind.
This card has a Dreamweaver panel embossed with black embossing paste and sprinkled with Glamour Dust. The paper (something which I rarely use) is green gingham from Docrafts. The edges are die-cut with a Lil Inkers die and there are a couple of Sizzix snowflakes for good measure. Computer generated sentiment.
This is a simple card of diecuts. Dark blue base, Clearly Besotted sentiment and trees from Marianne Craftables, all with a little twinkle of Glamour Dust.

This one is a little outside the box... there is more than one tree represented here... pine and holly! Again a whole bunch of die-cuts, from Impression Obsession (I think) and again a sentiment from Clearly Besotted.
This is also for the challenge at Festive Friday, where there is a beautiful wreath as inspiration!
I think it also fits quite well with the Time Out Challenge which has this lovely picture to inspire!


This little one is from Penny Black slapstick stamps, simply coloured and twinkled.
It's for the Penny Black Challenge All wrapped up!

Although the white space on this one is brown, it's still a simple style. Again lots of die cuts, the sentiment is from Memory Box and the trees from Marianne's again with a couple of Memory Box deer!
This is the one I popped on the Less is More Blog. It's one of my favourite techniques, inking and masking! The trees are from Poppy Stamps.
The die cutting here is from Lil Inkers.
I hope everyone can have a bit of fun with this one... I could be making tree cards all day!

31 comments:

  1. Crikey Chrissie you've been super busy again rockin' through your Christmas cards. Love them all especially the LIM one and the cutie snowman. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief, Chrissie, I think you HAVE been making tree cards all day! But they are all stunning, I couldn't possibly choose a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this inspiration Chrissie - all those trees are just beautiful! I do love the snowy banks which you entered into the challenge site - it is so effective and elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know tree cards could be so versatile! Love all your cards, of course, but the LIM scene is just so beautiful it has to be my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Chrissie :-) all of them are fabulous and I love the kraft with white combo ,,, might just have to CASE this one :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Chrissie, you've been busy. Think the last one is my favourite though I do like the PB stamp. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous range of tree cards - all so different in look and style too! I do love your LIM card as it is so elegant and has great depth and I love the white die cuts against the deep blue base too. Love your clever take with the wreath - you could link that up at Festive Fridays as it picks up both the wreath and the wicker basked. These are all tree-mendous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great variety of tree cards, Chrissie. Love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie, just had to come over from the LIM post to tell you how much I adore your card there, and look at all the plusses I found here on your post! You do beautiful work; I'm your newest follower......

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe I wasn't already following your blog -- your designs are gorgeous! Especially love the tree card posted on the Blog -- it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love all of your trees cards! The one on the challenge blog is my favorite also as I love that technique for creating the hillsides with the masking and sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm impressed about all the cards in your post. :-) All of them are very special and wonderful, but the last one is my favourite. :-))
    Have a nice Sunday, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic set of cards, Chrissie! Love the kraft wreath with the pops of colour! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh what a fab set! LOVE those Marianne trees, another for my wish list! That striking navy/white card with them is gorgeous
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Chrissie, you are getting ahead with the Xmas cards and these are all fabulous. You die cut wreath card for us at TIME OUT, is fabulous-love the texture of the card base. Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Lim cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Chrissie, these are all absolutely gorgeous! I especially like the one with the snow scene you created. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Some fabulous cards - so many different styles & techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Chrissie, you really had fun with this one ... these are all such fabulous cards! Love the 'tree' wreath ... all the intertwined texture is fabulous! Delighted you played along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so much tree cards! Think you showed the most stunning card on the LIM blog! You used a lot of technics to make a great serie. I think the pine and holy card is a great take on the LIM and TIME OUT challenge :) Thank you for joining at TIME OUT challenges with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A wonderful display of tree cards Chrissie! I'm in stamping heaven this week - I do love a tree stamp! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the cards what you have done a brilliant job of masking on the last card!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another super collection of cards - the best has to be the Merry Christmas on brown. It's such a simple design but very sophisticated!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What beautiful cards! I really love the wreath card you made for Time Out - it is really CAS at it's best!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What gorgeous cards. Hard to pick a favourite, they are all so lovely, but I really love the contemporary look of the brown one

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is one nice collection of winter cards! Thank you for joining us at TO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous cards Chrissie! I love the Memory Box 'Merry Christmas' die-cut sentiment - might have to put that on my wish list. The inking and masking technique, which I also love - can you tell me whether you find it easier to work form the top down, or the bottom up? Thanks. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many wonderful cards! Love the wreath card & the adorable snowman scene! Glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness these are all so lovely!! What beautiful work you do! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. All gorgeous Chrissie - a great selection of tree cards! So much to do with this week's challenge - I wish I had time to make tree cards all week! So many possibilities, so little time...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie