Saturday 8 November 2014

One Layer Time again!

Anne and I had a wonderful time at the Craft Show at the NEC on Thursday. I haven't managed to unpack my goodies as yet as I've been in Bath looking after my grandchildren since then.
Anyway this card for the one layer challenge at Less is More entitled Starry starry night. It has stars from Artemio and splats from Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grunge set. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

My second card has stars from Chloe and a sentiment from Hero Arts, both embossed in silver, with a few gems added for good measure.

Here are a couple made with the free stamp from Simply Cards and Papercraft, it's a great free gift this month!

This last one has a tiny star stamp from Lavinia, stamped many times through a circular mask and clear embossed. The circle cut-out itself was die-cut with the Impression Obsession house die which was then used to mask within the circle so that the sky could be daubed with Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink.  I cut another circle in card to use as a template to draw the bottom line under  the image!  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
Tonight I shall be going to a concert in Chichester Cathedral of Britten's War Requiem, I have sung it a couple of times but never been in an audience, I'm really looking forward to it!

27 comments:

  1. Three fabulous one layer cards Chrissie. Love them all especially the last one. Although on a similar line to mine your depth of colour to the sky is amazing with the stunning little village scene. Have a fun weekend. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards once again, Chrissie. Great use of Gorgeous Grunge with your stars, so clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a BIG thanks for providing beautiful inspiration week after week Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these, Chrissie - the deep blue looks so crisp with all of the lovely white on the circle design and the grungy stars are very cool! Glad you had a good time at the NEC....I am going tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fab and inspiring cards Chrissie !

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful Chrissie, especially like the third. The brain cells are struggling a bit with this theme! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning cards, Chrissie! I so wanted to go to the NEC today but my back has gone and I am in agony, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these are gorgeous CAS Christmas designs. So fresh.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning as always Chrissie .... love the little winter scene. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three amazing one-layer beauties Chrissie!! Love all the sparkle and shine from the first two ... and the winter scene of your third card is so sweet! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards but the last one has to be my fav, so tranquil.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! You've covered most of my initial ideas so it's back to the drawing board for me!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 lovely cards as always...middle one is my fave!I did the NEC yesterday...recovering still!...both feet and pocket....

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are fabulous Chrissie - such great designs! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do one layer cards so well, Chrissie. All of them are so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards as always. I love your scene but the others are just as good. The silver stars on white is such an elegant design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the stars and grunge together, terrific cards as ever.
    Great fun on Thursday, must do it again but not too soon, need to save up and enjoy the new stash I came home with!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was an absolute delight to meet you at the NEC on Thursday, Chrissie! I see that you've already whipped up a few beauties with the free stamp from Simply Cards & Papercraft - fabulous cards! :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such fabulously simple and stunning cards Chrissie! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. such wonderful christmas carsds, love them all

    xxxAnnette

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Lim cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards Chrissie - I love the last one, but also find the simplicity of the second one really eye-catching. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning cards Chrissie - do love the one you used on the LIM blog best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chrissie, I must tell you that my jaw dropped at your inspiring creations, ALL of them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many beautiful cards Chrissie, my fav is the first one I think just love the splats!...hope you enjoyed the concert too ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love them all Chrissie! Your cards are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie