Monday 9 June 2014

Take it Make it Challenge!

There's another challenge over on the Craft Stamper Blog. It's based on a technique illustrated by Hels in the mag and involves a faux bleach technique.
I found that the secret to a successful outcome is to use very smooth, almost shiny card. I covered it with a layer of Distress ink and then another layer of a darker shade.
I then covered it with a stencil and spritzed it with water. The water reacts with the ink and some colour is 'bleached' out from the card. 
When it was completely dry I stamped the flowers with Versamark and sprinkled it with white embossing powder and heat set.
Here is another using the same technique.
The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted die cuts.

5 comments:

  1. Great cards, Chrissie. I love the effect created by using stencils.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I must give this technique a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your white blooms against the blue background. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun technique and some beautiful cards! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great technique! Really love the first card - those white blooms against the blue background are simply stunning! Nicole x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie