Saturday 28 June 2014

Recycle -It

At Less is More we have a challenge to use a recycled item on a card.
What possibilities!
I have discovered that the technique of FAUX BLEACH works well on card with a very smooth surface, so here is a piece that was in the packaging of a pillowcase. It worked really well for this technique.
I inked the surface of the card with Distress Inks using Sponge Daubers. The colours are Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold and Barn Door!
I then used my Uniko Gerbera stamps to create the design. I used the solid version spritzed with water and stamped, holding it in position for a few moments. I then dried it using my heat tool. The colours lift like magic!
I then went on to use the outline version of the stamp and over-stamped a couple of the flowers in Versamark and embossed it in gold.
The rest of the card consists of a piece of wrapping paper saved from a gift and die cut!
The butterfly is from Memory Box and the sentiment from Paper Smooches.
This one uses an Impression Obsession Die and ribbon cut from the shoulders of a jumper. The sentiment is from Magenta. More details are on the LIM blog!
For this I merely mounted the gift tag from one of our 40th Wedding Anniversary gifts onto black then silver card and straightened and retied the ribbon!
Easy Peasy... I stuck the tag down well so that the greeting on the back can't be seen!
From time to time we go to Speciality dinners at our club. The menus for the evening are often displayed inside covers made from this lovely matt silver card. I simply collect up those not taken at the end of the meal and add it to my stash. Well I couldn't leave it there could I?

DO join in with us it will be fun!
What can you find to use again?

25 comments:

  1. Love the faux bleaching, these look great.
    See you later!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using the ribbons from clothing too! I ask my daughter to cut them out and save them all for me (she buys a lot more clothes than I do these days - I spend my pennies on crafty goodies :D) Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tonnes of those annoying little ribbons, but they are ideal as a lot of craft ribbon I find too wide for CAS cards. Although, I now realise that I buy far too much black clothes! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i was struggling to find stuff.. fabulous card hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say you are a recycle queen. Every card is lovely and I'm definitely going to try the faux bleach technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cards Chrissie ... you obviously didn't struggle on this challenge. I love them all but particularly the one with the Gerbera Daisy. Think I might have to experiment with that technique.
    Thanks for the hair straightners / ribbon tip too as I've millions of those fiddly bits of ribbon from clothes. It's a real pity when they have to stamp their name and logo onto it though don't you think!!! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful recycling.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Chrissie!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great use of recycling Chrissie - all your cards are fantabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant recycling Chrissie...love all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever! Your cards are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Chrissie for the fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, I love the faux bleaching technique it creates such a beautiful finish.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. All beautiful cards Chrissie, I think you've found your muse :D I love them all, particularly the key card, stunning :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  15. p.s Petals sounds like a very worthy charity, have voted now :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your faux bleaching. It looks brilliant with the gold. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab cards Chrissie xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your key card. I have many cards & a few embellishments collected for recycling in such a manner!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, Chrissie ... you are definitely the queen of elegant recycling! These are all fabulous ... my fave is the gorgeous faux bleached gerbera ... a technique on my 'must try' list! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving all of your recycled cards !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous cards Chrissie, I've not seen the faux bleach technique before, such a fabulous effect, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome cards, such fun ideas,too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards and I love how you snagged the menus too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for inviting me to join the team this week Chrissie. I've had a great week and have visited and commented on everyone's blogs, though I'm not quite sure it worked on Ann's japanese/chinese blog! I have now got lots of ideas for future recycling projects. I particularly love your faux bleach technique and have recently discovered Uniko Studio's products for myself. Your cards are amazing as always! Good luck with rehearsing and performing 'The Armed Man'. I was lucky enough to see Karl Jenkins conducting this amazing work in Liverpool's Roman Catholic cathedral. Very moving, especially the Benedictus. Look forward to joining in at LIM more often. Thanks. Stef

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow amazing cards here Chrissie again. Love that first one with the amazing gold butterfly and fab inkiness and bleaching technique.The rest of the cards are soooo fabulous too, just impossible to choose a fav this time I fear :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie