Saturday 30 October 2010

Clean & Simple Christmas

I'm still wondering what design to make for our personal Christmas Cards this year. It's going to have to be something not too thick, so as not to incur additional postal charges and something readily copyable. I like to send all the same design to all our friends and family each year, and as yet haven't come up with a winning formula, however, I think that this one may be a contender.
I won the image as part of my prize from Jane's Doodles in the Keep It Simple blog challenge and I really love its simplicity. I added the baubles after colouring some tiny white pearls with a Copic Marker. I'm very fond of manuscript as a background and this piece is perfect for this image.
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and I love the clean lines of that too.
Digi Doodle - Anything Goes
This one uses a sketch from a Stamp TV sketch challenge and is simplicity itself. I used all Stampin' Up products apart from the ribbon, which I believe is one of those pieces from inside a jumper which is used to keep it from falling off the hanger. I always cut them out as they tend to creep out on show and I can't bear that!
I did add a little twinkle which is not incredibly obvious from this picture.
As the meercat would say... Simples!

20 comments:

  1. I like the first one best of all, the manuscript and tree....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them both Chrissie
    Afraid the cutting out of the tree would put me off though!
    Have to say it looks fabulous!

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these cards. Great use of the ribbon that you saved from a garment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layout of the second card and the fact that you were able to repurpose one of those annoying straps! But the first card is my very favorite! I love the music for the song with the tree angled just perfectly over it! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping by, did you have a good holiday? Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both gorgeous, but love the first one. Thanks for playing along with DDSB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cards Chrissie.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love your style. I like it clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of these two cards, I think the top is my favourite,thank you for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and beautiful is your card. I like it

    Hugs Monika

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity of both these, you have a difficuly choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both lovely designs, simple yet striking. I cut those ribbons out too, can't stand them showing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, and so elegant too, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so very gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Hope to see you again next week???

    Greetings,
    Katja (DDSB-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow - Love both of these - but i bet the second one would look effective on black cardstock embossed in gold or silver - infact any metallic colour.

    Maybe you could get your blog readers to vote for the card you send to your friends? Put a few of your favourites and get people to say the number or letter they like the best.... that would be fun! Although i'm sure it would be difficult to chose from all your super designs.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. forgot to say that I cut all of those little ribbon loops out - and put them in a separate jar for crafting!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It really makes me smile every time when I see such simple and nice cards. They are so delicate! Just love them!

    Thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two very classy cards so it's hard to choose a favourite! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card and so simple !

    Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best, hop to see you again :D

    I am one of the DT members and I want to tell you about group I have opened at PCP "Fan's of Digi Doodle Shop" and you are so very welcome to join us there :D
    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/fansofdigidoodleshop

    All the best to you, Jóna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie