Thursday 21 October 2010

Alcohol Ink Background

Here is one of my first cards using one of the backgrounds that I have been trying to make with my new supply of Alcohol Inks. You can see it on my desk in this week's WOYWW!
This particular one was inked onto a piece of pearlised paper and I was delighted with the result. The sheen of gold pervaded the inks and left a lovely shimmer effect, which actually doesn't show up too well on this picture. After pouncing the inks onto the paper I stamped it with a Stampin; Up flourish background stamp using Blending solution, then I overstamped it with the SU French Script background stamp using Stazon ink.
The butterflies were simply stamped onto pearlised paper with Stazon and mounted with Nesties.
The sketch is from Cards & Things which I have rotated through 90 degrees.
Flutterby Wednesday - Open Challenge
I've just returned home from a friend's surprise 50th birthday meal at a local restaurant. I made the place cards, which you can just see peeking from behind my main course. I added the menu choices on the back of each person's card, so that the serving staff could see who to give what food to, and it also acted as a reminder to the guests of what they had selected some time ago.
The food was wonderful and after seeing my placecards, the restaurateur was interested in  finding out about my wedding stationery for his daughter's upcoming nuptials!!
Happy Days!

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Chrissie, the background is brill
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both lovely cards and great backgrounds. You have some fab stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are turning into the Distress Ink Queen chrissie!
    Love your card, beautiful green

    The place names look wonderful..well done on the prospect of some business, thats how it happens eh, when you least expect it to...good luckl!

    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cor seeing that plateful has made my mouth water. Not sure I wsant a plain old buttie for lunch now lol!

    Gorgeous card too and well done on the enquiry - hope it turns into an order for you
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Chrissie ! Thanks for playing along with C&T !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Very simple and classy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!! That background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it appears i'm doing my usual trick and reading these posts backwards!!!

    You did a fab job of the background on this card Chrissie! Love the colours and the layers of the images. great job.

    The placecards are great too - no wonder he was interested - and he couldn't have asked a better person.

    That meal looks very tempting - its a good job i've eaten or my mouth would be watering reading this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous background, and a truly elegant card!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter By Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie