Here's another card made up from one of the papers I made using my new set of alcohol inks. Once more I dabbed (or 'pounced' as the American gals say) the applicator over the pearlised sheet of paper. I tried stamping with some blending solution, but that part was an unmitigated failure, so I then stamped with gold ink and some Stazon in blazing red, with some of my Darkroom door stamps, to mask the effects of the previous stamping. Using pearlised paper gives a lovely effect to the finished result, in fact I much prefer it to using glossy paper. The oval was stamped with my Rollagraph script wheel in gold before being overstamped with the blossom image once more in red and gold, whilst still in the die. I had to use a different red ink for this from the one I used on the background, as on white cardstock the Stazon red was very pink!
I was quite pleased with this one, for a first attempt.
There are more cards to come using my new Alcohol ink backgrounds which I will gradually be adding, so if you'd care to give your opinion. I love to hear from you!
Sheila in Cyprus asked what gsm the paper is... sorry I don't really know, it was bought from the Paper Mill shop in a mixed box. It's probably about 100gsm, not much more I don't think. Charisma Cardz - Vintage