Tuesday 9 July 2019

More alcohol inks


This is really such a fun technique!
A few drops of alcohol ink onto some Yupo paper, a dash of blending solution and watch the magic happen. When dry, I stamped onto the paper with a Local King stamp of Bluebells... (I'd forgotten I had it and it's so delicate, I love it)  using Alcohol Lift Ink. 
I dabbed away the excess lift ink with a paper towel before gently buffing to bring out the design a little more.
Before cleaning the stamp, I stamped it onto some fresh paper and the ink I'd removed from the Yupo and transferred to the stamp made another image! Here's the card I made with that.
The challenge at CAS Mix Up is for the Alcohol lift technique, so this is another card for that.


I used Stampin' Up Pacific Point Ink to stamp the sentiments; it complements the colours of the alcohol inks really well.

Here's another using the same combo of inks as on the first card. Somehow I forgot to do a secondary stamping with the ink I'd lifted from this one. I think I was foolishly thinking that the sentiment would come out in mirror image which of course is crazy, it would just be a regular stamp and not a kiss technique, so I missed my chance there!

6 comments:

  1. I love your cards Chrissie...and I adore bluebells and these cards are just stunning. I haven't heard of this ink pad so must look it up. It's a wonderful technique judging by your results and two for one as it were. I must dig out those alcohol inks and play more.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The AI colours are so gorgeous together and love how they flow in your main panel, Chrissie. The bluebells ae so sweet!! They lifted beautifully and looks so pretty and delicate. Wonderful design, great work with this technique. Also great when you can get a twofer with the lifted ink as well! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fun to see all your plays with this technique Chrissie! It really is fun and the results are amazing! Love your bluebells both the lifted and the deposited! Love the stamp of your third card! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful and unique effects again and such beautiful cards. The bluebells are so pretty and your colour combinations look amazing x. Thank you for playing along at The CAS Mix Up challenge again x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of ink lift cards, Chrissie! Love the dreamy colors of AI, the pretty lifted bluebells, and the wonderful design with the sentiment stamped vertically. The flowers stamped lifted ink have a great impression and mix of inks. Thank you so much again for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, Chrissie, you have the magic touch! I cannot get my Lift pad to do anything half as great as these, but now I'm going to try again. Both of your results are stunning and the stamped off card you made is beautiful, too! I'm thrilled to have found the lift-off bluebell design in my Happy Mail today! It is even more gorgeous-er in real life and I will treasure it with my other "blueberry birthday cards!" Thank you so much! Lots of love and huge hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie