Sunday 28 July 2019

Lots of squares


Happy Sunday to you all!
Here is a simple card, made after watching a video of Jennifer McGuire using watercolour backgrounds. For this one I used some pan watercolours onto wet watercolour paper and watched the transformation as the colours mixed ad mingled. Jennifer was using liquid colours but this seemed to work quite well too. 
I used a SSS daisy die surrounded by a Framelit square die-cut, which in turn was on a larger Framelit square, which was mounted within an MFT debossed pierced square. The card itself is square of course and although it has a few layers it is still very much CAS. I added a few tiny pearls to the centre of the flower.
I thought I would enter it in the challenge at Your Next Stamp, a blog I have only just come across. The challenge this time is Lots of Squares!
I thought of putting  a sentiment on the front but decided to stamp inside instead, as I thought that a sentiment either stamped directly on the card or on a label would interfere with clean the lines of the design.

5 comments:

  1. Always love your cards, Chrissie, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clean and simple card and you are absolutely right to leave off any sentiment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you Get the debossed pierced square?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To deboss using a die you need a rubber mat which is compatible with your die cutting machine.
      There is a specific sandwich (the particular plates needed) for each machine, but basically you need to place the card on a rubber mat, in the machine, place the die on top, cutting side down, then the top plate. The first time you do it, it seems a little scary as you would think that the die would cut the card, but as long as the sandwich is correct, it will simply deboss!
      I hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie