Tuesday 16 July 2019

She thought she could, so she did!


This card was a bit of an experiment. I made it for the challenge at CAS Stencil which is Alcohol Ink / Alcohol lift. As my friend of many years Anne Ray says... "Alcohol really does give you a lift!"

Anyway for this card, I thought that I would try NOT to use YUPO paper, NOT to use Alcohol Lift ink and NOT to use a commercially produced stencil... I did however use alcohol ink!
To begin with I cut a stencil with a Sizzix flower die from a piece of vellum. I used a piece of the smoothest card in my arsenal and added a few drops of various blue toned alcohol inks and some blending solution onto it. Because this card is more porous than Yupo it dried quite quickly. I then put my 'stencil' over the card and used Stazon Stamp cleaner fluid dabbed onto a piece of paper towel to lift some of the ink through the stencil. It worked reasonably well and gave a somewhat hazy outline but I really rather like the effect!
I used the actual vellum die cut as a bit of an overlay and the glue I used to stick that, makes it somewhat translucent.
The sentiment is from a set by Clearly Besotted.
Now you may see the reason for my post title.. things like this don't always work out, but this time it did!
PS Big WELCOME to Viv on the Design Team at CAS Stencil... what a great addition to the team. well done Viv!
CAS on Friday Use a Stencil
CAS Mix Up Alcohol ink lift
PS Just saw that I had already added three cards to the Mix Up challenge so this one can be ignored!!!!

14 comments:

  1. Another fabulous card for the challenge Chrissie and what a creative way to do the lift technique. Such a delicate card, perfect for the occasion and just so very beautiful x. Thank you once again for playing along with this fun technique at The CAS Mix Up gallery x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chrissie, love the colours and the ethereal look, such a clever and effective way to do the technique too. Thankyou for for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the mention and the welcome Chrissie - I really appreciate it!
    This is a wonderful Sympathy card, the colours are lovely and the vellum flower is perfect. I am now excited cos I have some (unused) Stazon Stamp Cleaner - (found during the room re-vamp) so am now itching to make an inky mess again on my newly tidy table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card!!!...and I love that you TWEAKED the whole technique! ♥ Thanks for getting the/my creative juices flowing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Chrissie! Love the deep mix of colours for your background. Your lifted flower is so pretty and adding the vellum one really makes this special. What a great experiment with great success! Stazon stamp cleaner --- so clever!! :) Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil and CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooow really gorgeous - yummy colours Chrissie and the lift using the Stazon cleaner worked beautifully, love the dreamy effect, great card and thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous alcohol ink background and colors, homemade flower stencil, and grey white space. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous - love the effect. Just goes to show that experimenting a bit is definitely worthwhile :-)
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it worked really brilliantly, I love it, well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Chrissie, I'll say you did! This is beautiful and a brilliant idea! The vellum flower is just the perfect touch! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This is stunning. I love the effect from the alcohol inks. Thanks for sharing at the CAS Stencil Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous and wonderful results, Chrissie! I love the colors, the soft effect and the added vellum die-cut flower! What I'm most impressed that you didn't use Yupo paper, AI lift ink, or a store-bought stencil to make this card. How ingenious and inspiring!! Thank you so much for sharing another beauty with us at CAS Mix Up.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful results from your experiments Chrissie! Love the colors and that little bit fuzzy look you achieved. The vellum overlay was a perfect addition! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your experiments worked a treat Chrissie, awesome card. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie