Friday 5 July 2019

CAS Challenges

When I was looking for something else, I happened upon  this stamp from Rubberneckers, which immediately made me want to do a background for the challenge at CAS Mix Up, which is to use Alcohol Lift Ink!
I used drops of three shades of green alcohol ink om some YUPO paper and then added a little Blending solution an mix up the colours and allow them to mingle. I inked the stamp with Alcohol Lift in and stamped onto the paper once is was totally dry. after dabbing any excess ink with a piece of paper towel I buffed the leaves with clean paper towel, lifting the remainder of the ink. I love the effect it gives.
The sentiment stamps and dies are from Clearly Besotted and I decided to raise the words on dimensional pads for a little more interest.
Alcohol Lift, Stamping, Die Cutting.

Meanwhile over at CAS Watercolour Challenge, a celebration for my lovely friend Darnell's birthday is taking place and she is being presented with heaps of bouquets of flowers!
Mine is a simple bunch of tulips, from stampin' Up, gently coloured with watercolours. I love to watch the reaction of the pigment with the water as it doe its 'thing'!
As she is such a special lady I may have to try another one for her, I must have a rummage through my stamps!
Happy Birthday Darnell.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your good wishes and the pretty birthday bouquet of tulips, Chrissie! Wasn't this a terrific surprise Loll and the ladies pulled off?! I also love your AI lift card! What a work of art ~ it looks like a print! I love the depth of your AI layers and the great hues of greens you achieved. The ferns were a perfect choice! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to try "lifting" some ferns from alcohol ink, Chrissie! What a gorgeous card! Your bouquet for Darnell is so sweet and I love how it looks on the subtle embossed background! Thanks for helping us celebrate Darnell's birthday at CAS Watercolour and sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Chrissie, love the depth of colour in the AI one. I have the lift off ink and really must try it out! Such a pretty card for Darnell's birthday too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your alcohol ink card with the fern is just stunning Chrissie! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderfully inspiring work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great cards! The bouquet one uses one of my favourite bouquet stamps - it's beautifully watercoloured. Thanks so much for making a card for the challenge I'm hosting at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fern card is AMAZING! Love the mix of AI's on your panel. The leaf lift is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    Love your sweet bouquet of tulips. LOVE this image and you've done wonderful work with the watercolouring. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card with a great effect from the alcohol ink technique. Amazing and wonderful card and thank you for adding your beautiful card to The CAS Mix Up challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meant to say....such a beautiful CAS card for Darnell's birthday x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie