Monday 14 October 2013

Inlaid dies

I spotted a challenge over at Just Us Girls, where they were following a technique explained by Jennifer McGuire. A backdrop is created using strips of paper adhered to another piece of card, which is then die-cut. Another set is cut from plain white card. Both pieces are then used to make two separate cards.
Here are my examples. It was a bit fiddly making sure I didn't lose any of the tiny inserts from around the letters, as what is cut in white is inserted into the striped piece and vice versa.
I find these colours really calming. They were just pieces from my scrap box.
The word die I believe is Papertrey and the butterfly Memory Box.

Here they are separately
I'm not sure which I prefer, but I like the effect!!


12 comments:

  1. Oh these are just so beautiful! I love the colors...very calming indeed! Great choice of dies too! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great technique Chrissie, I love both of them, gorgeous colours:) Cheers from sunny Spain!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique and two lovely cards. Another to add to my " must try" list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Isn't that a fun technique, and you get two cards when you are finished! Love the colors you chose...so soothing. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls. I hope you will come back and play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love... Love your colors Chrissie! You really did an amazing job....not sure which one I like best either...love them both. Thanks for playing along with the girls and I over at JUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both gorgeous, Chrissie! I'm not sure which I prefer either! Great work and thanks for playing with us at Just us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you ROCKED OUT this technique! Love the colors you used!! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so different and clever and a wonderful effect - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards - I'd love to try this technique!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great idea, so love your choice of colours and dies. Must have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great take on the technique!! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie