Wednesday 23 October 2013

Keep it Simple

The challenge at Keep it Simple is to create a card that has been the result of being inspired by something or someone. 
Here is a card I have made for a friend of ours whose birthday is this coming weekend. He is a music teacher and composer so I wanted to include some reference to music.

My inspiration was this card from Gillian (Made with Sparkle).
 
I stamped a piece of black card with the manuscript stamp from Impression Obsession using Versamark and embossed it with white Embossing Powder.
Then I simply cut an aperture with an oval Nestie, cut the card slightly smaller than the card front and arranged the computer generated sentiment to show through the gap.
I was quite pleased with how it turned out!
I have also cased Gillian's card exactly, using the same papers as I really love hers!

4 comments:

  1. This is super - I like the musical background - your friend will really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissie, thanks so much for visiting my blog for WOYWW! last week, time got away on me and I didn't get a chance to return the visit till now. So pleased I did, as your CAS card with this beautiful embossing is fabulous. I love how black and white always looks so elegant too! Hope you have a great week! Danie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love that manuscript stamp :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. As what a lovely surprise to see that I inspired you Chrissie. That is such an honour and your card is FABULOUS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie