Saturday 19 October 2013

I just love trees

As a species we couldn't survive without trees and as a crafter it seems to be true for me too. I have a love of tree stamps and have to stop myself from buying them sometimes!
This Poppy Stamps/Memory Box stamp and die set is a fairly recent acquisition, simply coloured with Copics and mounted on a rectangular panel!
The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.
The camera hasn't captured the immense shine from the Gilding Flakes on this one, but I applied them by using some double sided adhesive sheet to the right side of the card before die-cutting the shapes and then adding the flakes and burnishing them once cut.
The background is a very deep blue!
These next two are on the Less is More blog and so details of their construction can be found there.
The trees on this next one were cut on my Silhouette and the deer family are from a Memory Box die

I really like the effect of the tiny SU image on a reasonably large card base. This is a stamp from the set A tree for all seasons. I think it may now be retired.
I could go on for ever making cards with trees, but this will be my last one for this week. It's the old favourite technique where the die cut word and the background are both stamped and one superimposed over the other. I love this effect!
Have a great weekend and do join in with this challenge if you have time.

25 comments:

  1. Wow Chrissie, what an amazing set of cards, the first one is just perfect, so clean and crisp. Thank you for sharing how you used the gilding flakes the effect is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous, loads of inspiration here, love the first one maybe because of the colours but they are all stunning in their own way.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous selection of card Chrissie! xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Chrissie... what a lot of beautiful pieces... the style is different but each card is very nice done.

    Greets Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love trees and use that as an excuse to buy every tree stamp! Maybe this will be the first week that I manage to play in your challenge. I have been enjoying it as an observer for quite some time but never managed to enter anything. Your beautiful cards have motivated me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What stunning cards Chrissie.

    I adore the first one, CAS and perfectly formed. I can see I will HAVE to buy this set.

    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow amazing cards Chrissie you have been busy! hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tou have the best trees... and its not only the stamps but the great cards you make with them... love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all lovely Chrissie and so inspirational. Need to go and dig out (not literally) all my trees now! Superb cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every one of your cards is a stunner. Your love of trees clearly inspires you. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all beautiful Chrissie, but Omgosh...I am in love with the first one! So crisp an clean! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Chrissie - you've been busy this week! I love trees too, particulary Christmas trees so I may play a few times this week myself. Loving the first and the last the most I think.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, you do have a love of trees! Your cards are so GORGEOUS, that I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried! Absolutely stunning collection, Chrissie!!! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love trees too Chrissie. Fabulous work....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your work, Chrissie! Do you remember the name of the embossing folder you used on the white snow bank and green print tree card? Love that snowy background from the embossing folder!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant collection of trees - they show clearly how much you love trees. Lots of inspiration and new ideas.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing gallery of gorgeous tree cards Chrissie! I'm a big fan of trees too and feel sure there'll be another tree-ish card or two up my sleeve this week! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to come and see your other trees and, wow, am I ever glad I did. I love trees, too, Chrissie, and every art piece hanging in my home is of trees! You have me literally drooling over this wonderful array of brilliant tree cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous group of 'tree' cards. I had to take a better look at the one with the Gilding Flakes so I enlarged and it is just awesome. I am not familiar with those but sure am interested.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely varied range of cards. I love the gilded one and the gold tree on black. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So many different cards Chrissie, all fabulous as ever, just can't choose a fav again :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Chrissie, I love all your cards, great white space and the simplest ones have a real effect!Super theme by the way this week. Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great selection of tree cards, but my favourite has to be those deer, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie