Saturday 5 October 2013

Elephant

The challenge over at CAS on Sunday is for a shaped card.
I decided to try to make a card from an elephant cut file which I bought from Silhouette. I enlarged it, copied it,  flipped one of them and then welded to two shapes together. His ear was a complete cut out shape and not quite knowing how to eradicate one part of the ear shape I merely discarded that and drew another so that it would just flap and remain attached on the front edge.
He's stamped with a Crafty Individuals crackle stamp in Memento London Fog and then dusted with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I've sort of obliterated his toes with my watermark, but I made them from tiny punched half circles. His eye is made from die-cut detritus.


13 comments:

  1. Wow Chrissie - this is fantastic! I really should use my robo more! The crackle stamp just makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... awesome Chrissie!
    Love the crackle effect. Perfect for the elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever! Love the crackle effect for his skin, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Chrissie. You sound as if you're a real whiz with your Cameo. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card! The crackle effect is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you hefalump! He's so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, too cute! I love the crackled look and that little, twine tail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh he is fabulous, love how you've used the crackle stamp.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous! the skin texture is amazing. love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! Love the stamping on the elephant. Thanks for taking part in the CAS on Sunday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow he is cute love it. That crackled stamping is just the finishing tough. Thank you for playing along with us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie