Thursday 3 October 2013

A second black and white card

I seem to be in Black and White mode today. Here is my second card This time for Seize the Sketch.
It's quite an interesting sketch I think and for it I used lots if scraps.
I found this embossed piece of card from a Nellie's Choice folder and made its mount from a scrap piece of card from my Portrait cutting machine. (There are sword shaped holes in the black mount!) The butterfly is stamped and die-cut with a Clearly Besotted set and the sentiment from a Tattered Lace die.
My nails have been breaking madly recently, maybe related to the fact that I've returned to Slimming World in order to lose some cruise pounds! My diet contains fat less fat and I think this has an effect! I'm off to have them manicured and painted with a shellac polish! Maybe that will protect them a little.

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the little butterfly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the sketch Chrissie, that's a lovely card. Good luck with shedding the cruise pounds, it's always easier gathering them don't you think? :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is perfect! Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love b&w cards -- your's is so fun with the bfly and the added texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card using classic black & white! Lovely work!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Chrissie. So happy you played along with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic layout for that sweet sketch! Well done, Chrissie! I hope the mani works for your nails. (And thanks for giving me another excuse to not diet, LOL!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I like the monochrome look and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love this in black and white! Super cute card for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant. I just read you have the Portrait and not the Cameo - looks like it's also a fab machine. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I love the black and white and the beautiful butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous using black and white! Love that butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the black and white! Your card looks very elegant with pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant - love the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful! Love the polka dot butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love black and white great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautifully elegant card - the embossed background and that sweet butterfly! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card!! Love the black & white!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie