Saturday 8 June 2019

No Peeking


Have you ever started something and thought "I wish I hadn't had this idea!"?
When I dreamt up this card, I thought that I would colour the image with alcohol markers, but then thought that they would show through onto the inside of the card, so then I thought that I would paper piece the image instead....bad idea, these pieces are miniscule!!!!! The card is  5"x 5", so the gifts are tiny! What started out as a potentially quick card turned out to be anything but quick!
The image is from MFT and the sentiment from Penny Black. The embossed  stitched square is from SSS.
It's for the challenge at CAS Christmas

8 comments:

  1. Worth the effort though, it’s a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I dislike Christmas cards, other than at Christmas time, I had to look at this one & laugh! It's a cute card enhanced a lot by your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely, Chrissie! My entry for this challenge involved a similar amount of teeny tiny cutting as I also opted for paper pieced gifts, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, tottaly CAS perfection with your litte framed present. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most interesting gifts come in teeny, tiny packages:-) I love your dry embossed square framing for your 5" x 5" Christmas Card, Chrissie TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best laid plans sometimes turn out to be the most complicated, I agree! But your little presents take the stage with the embossed square! Super CAS, Chrissie! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We’ve all been there. The result is CAS perfection. Beautiful embossed framing to feature this delightful gift image. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain. lol But the result turned out wonderfully! Just perfect CAS for this month's gift theme. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie