Sunday 30 June 2019

Fancy Fold

A little time agao I saw a video from Jennifer McGuire demonstrating a Bridge fold card and so I thought I would try it. I have worked out a couple of sets of dimensions which will fit into British envelopes. This one is for a 150 x 150 mm envelope. The joy of these three dimensional cards is that they readily fold flat for mailing.
I began by making the card base and then searched for a set of heart dies which could make a frame to bridge the gap across the front. I found these from Little B amongst my stash. The Mr & Mrs die is from Kaisercraft, although I think it is now discontinued. It was just too small to attach across the heart so I cut a piece of acetate to put behind the heart on to which I could attach the words. I used an embossing folder from Couture Creations (which co-ordinated really well with the foliage sprig from Sizzix,) for the back panel. To complete the card I added a twinkle of Glamour Dust on the heart and the sentiment and added a few tiny pearls as berries. The edges of the front flaps were cut with a border die from Stampin' Up.

7 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice touch with the scallop edges too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exquisite, Chrissie! I love white on white for a wedding card and your embossed background and pearl berries add a touch of elegance to this stunning 3D card! Thanks for the tip about using acetate behind the heart...very clever, indeed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to JUGS and Addicted to CAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie... WOW! I so love white on white cards. Your card is stellar. I love the embossed background, its interactiveness, the small embellishments and its class! Thank you so much for joining Addicted to CAS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but simply beautiful Chrissie. Perfect choice using white for your wedding card. Love the fold. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie