The sentiment was added in Word Art and the image coloured with Copics.
I think that the thought of a little boy with all sorts of useful things, like pieces of string, in his pockets made me think of using some for the embellishment.
The last time that I used this knot on a card, someone asked how I did it, so this time I took a few pictures along the way to show you how it's done.
The string was a little curly as I'd had a go at some crochet with it and then undid it, it's also a little discoloured where it's been knocking around for ages, but it all adds to the interest doesn't it!
I used 3 strands for each side, but you can vary this according to the effect required.
1. Lay out the first 3 pieces like this
2. Then with a second set of strands, lay them across and under the first set as illustrated.
3. Then working in an anti-clockwise direction, take the piece on the extreme left and lay it over and under then next two pieces thus.
4. The final two weaves are done as in this picture.
5. With this, the knot is finished and just needs to be tightened. Care should be taken to keep all the threads flat and you may just have to sort them out a little before pulling on the ends of the threads to make the flat knot complete.
If you're anything like me, I'd rather look at the pictures than read instructions, so I hope that these help!
When attaching it to the central part of the card, I cut out some little notches in the edges of the panel so that it wrapped around neatly.
Have a great weekend!