Saturday 26 June 2010

Spinner card tutorial

ABC Challenge X- Xtra dimension

Spinner cards have an element which spins along a track when the card is tilted... in this case the flower. A few people asked how I made my spinner cards, so I thought I'd show you a few piccies of how I did this one.
1. I began by cutting out 2 Nestie Labels from white card
2. Next I drew a line horizontally along the back of one of the shapes, to use as a guide when punching out the track. I used my Stampin' Up Word Window punch, but you could achieve a similar result by using a craft knife and a hole punch for the rounded ends to the track.
3. I began at one side, and keeping in line with the previous cut and the central line I punched the length of the track.
4. Using dimensional pads I then stuck both shapes together. I used a double thickness of pads to ensure the the spinner had sufficient clearance to run along the track.
5. Because I used a silk flower, I stuck a circle of card to the back of it to give strength.
6. Next comes the little sandwich of the spinner.
  • a penny or other small coin
  • a circular dimensional, (I cut one from a pad with a hole punch)
  • a second coin
The spinner is then inserted into the track; you may have to ease it into position, as the track has to be between the two coins.
I then added this whole element to the front of my card and Hey Presto!
I hope this helps and if you have any questions do please email me!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - and love the tutorial - cool concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Chrissie
    thanks for the tutorial...it looks Fab
    hugs
    sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chrissie what a brilliant tutorial I have bookmarked this page so I can come back and have a go I would just love to make one of these thank you so much.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this card and thanks for the tutorial (I must look out for that punch )xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. brill tutorial - really easy to follow (well - easier than the knot LOL)

    Really need to give this a go for myself.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chrissie - great tutorial. Just love your duck!!! Done my card for the LIM challenge but haven't had time to post as I've been feeding and watering my sister Val (Canonbury Creations) whose popped down to snny Somerset before heading off to the wilds of Portsmouth for some more bonding with Charlie! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie