Thursday 4 June 2020

Fa La La


I came across this holly die in my stash and I have absolutely no recollection of buying it, or receiving it as a gift or freebie. It looks like a large holly spray but in fact is lots of smaller components and I thought that this portion fitted quite well with this sentiment, which is from Penny Black! I cut it from Glittery gold card and it looks really great IRL. As this die is so fiddly I put some double sided sheet on the back of the card before cutting it so that it make adhering it to the card a much simpler operation!
It's my DT card for Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge
Recently I have been spending more time on sewing projects and have just completed a little dress for my younger granddaughter, needless to say her cousin now wants me to make one for her too! I have also managed to make a number of sets of scrubs for my son's surgery and a few dresses for myself, the latter using fabric which has been in the loft for years!
Speaking of scrubs... my son, a GP,  has just created a Podcast website and proposes to produce interviews with other medics on subject pertinent to family health. His first one is linked here. I should be really interested to hear anyone's reactions to it!

At least we have had some wonderful weather, which has added to the enjoyment of our daily constitutional walks.
Stay safe everyone.


3 comments:

  1. great card, I imagine that sentiment would be hard to manuever to get to lay correctly. I always forget to add the tape before I cut.
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I wish I could see, never learnt. Recently bought an old refurbished hand cranked singer machine so am going to have a go. Sounds like you have made loads. Brilliant!
    Stay safe. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Chrissie. It’s years and years since I did any dressmaking, maybe I should get the sewing machine out too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie