Saturday 20 June 2020

Jingle bells


I have just got a new phone but haven't quite come to grips with the capabilities of the camera just yet. The exposure is totally different from my previous one and when I attempt to photograph my cards in the same situation as with my previous phone, the outcome is totally different, so I think a little experimentation is called for!
This card is for the challenge at CAS Christmas

These Memory Box bells are some of my favourites, I use the thread die from the needle and thread set, also from Memory box. I love the way it swirls. I use a large embossing tool to add a little dimension to the bells and popped them onto tiny foam squares to lift them from the surface of the card. The sentiment is from Cutplorations.
I have been conspicuously absent from my blog of late but my time has been spent doing lots of sewing. I began by making scrubs for the NHS For the Love of Scrubs initiative and went on to make some dresses for myself... (lockdown has a weight increase to answer for!) Then my grandchildren wanted some things made for them... I even embarked on my first attempt at a t Shirt. My grandson has hardly had it off his back since he received it! All this was followed by a production line of masks, then my machine went into meltdown and had to be taken in for repair. Fortunately my neighbour had a spare machine which she las loaned to me whilst mine is hors de  combat, so that the face covering production can continue!
So now I have taken over and wreaked havoc in two rooms in the house... my craft room and the dining room!
I am very grateful for a patient husband!


6 comments:

  1. Wow Chrissie, this card is a stunner. love the classic black white and silver with the bells. Well done on the sewing front, it sounds like you've been having lots of fun :)
    thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to show your shiny bells, Chrissie! Love the drama of the black and silver! Good for you with all that sewing! I sewed a few masks but find I've lost my love of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, beautiful black and white card. Your bells look so real. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way the jingle bells seem to be dancing on that silver cording, Chrissie. So fun! And gorgeous with the black dry embossed background. I think your photo is good, but I know what you mean whcn it is different from what you expect. You've been very busy with your sewing machine. I'm sure everyone is so appreciative ... especially your grandson! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Christmas card Chrissie, love the texture from the dry embossed background, and I'm in awe of your stash of goosies, love the diecut string and bells and the sentiment is another beauty! Thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really love your card. It's festive and modern with just the right colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie