Friday 3 April 2020

Using Bleach

The gals at CAS Mix Up are always coming up with terrific ideas for their challenges and this time it's bleaching.

It's a while since I did any of this technique and it's really fun.
For my card I used a stamp from Blockhead. I tested out my base black card to check what colour could be achieved with my bleach, before stamping in Versamark and then clear embossing the image. 
I applied bleach with a tiny paintbrush and used my heat gun to accelerate the process somewhat. I was able to get different levels of colour by overpainting, to give the effect of shading. Once the bleach was dry and the colour I wanted achieved, I added colour with watercolour pencils and blended with a water brush. I think it gives a really subtle effect. The sentiment is from Sugar Pea Designs.
I decided to use an ivory card base (Hopsack from Papermill Direct) as the bleached part of the flower was a similar shade. 
Thank you CAS Mix Up for another really fun challenge!

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I've tried and failed with bleach, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. And I especially love the cardstock. Whose/what is it? (the ivory)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, the card is Hopsack from Papermill Direct!

      Delete
  3. Oh Chrissie! This is stunning! I love the elegant look of your black panel with the gorgeous flower. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful results with the bleaching, Chrissie! The framing with the wonderful textured paper is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bleached flower, Chrissie! The shades of red and green fabulous wonderful against the black background. The textured ivory window panel brings out the beauty of the black panel. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is precious Chrissie. I love the subtleness on the black cardstock making this card so elegant with the white framing.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie