Saturday 4 April 2020

Different seasons


Here is a simply coloured SU image for the challenge at CAS Watercolour.
I stamped the image, masking off the sentiment, so that I could add my own. I used Watercolour pencils and a waterbrush to add colour and made a sentiment on the computer with a font to reflect that of the newsprint in the image.


This next one is for the challenge at ABC Christmas

The image is from A Day for Daisies, and as the teddy is inside the stocking, I thought that it would qualify for the 'I for inside' part of the challenge.
It was simply coloured with alcohol markers (I say that rather than using any particular brand name , as I have had many different sets of markers, some of which have dried up over time and been tossed, so I mix and match the brands to try to get the colours I want.)
I added a little Fun Flock to the band on the stocking for a little more interest, so I am also entering this into the TEXTURE challenge at Addicted to CAS

10 comments:

  1. Two fabulously CAS cards Chrissie, your tulips are so pretty and I love that you layered them on that die cut piece using that fabulous textured card... thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are beautiful, Chrissie! So simple and yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAS and just perfect Chrissie! Your tulips are beautifully water colored and I love the image with them wrapped up in newsprint. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers and design on your first card, Chrissie! I also love how you added texture to the stocking on your 2nd card...such a cute teddy, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these cards are so CAS and cute. Yes - I am sure the little bear 'inside' the stocking qualifies for our challenge - loving the flocking too...........Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that SU! image of tulips wrapped in newspaper! Beautifully watercoloured Chrissie. Love all the texture from the dry embossed background. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to make a sentiment to match the font on the newspaper wrapping the tulips! Beautiful watercolouring and fabulous layout. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour. I also love your adorable Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love those tulips wrapped in the newspaper - what a beautiful design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolor! your stocking card is so cute as well with the sweet bear inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome design! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards - that wee bear in the stocking is so cute!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie