Tuesday 5 November 2019

Monoprint


Those gals at CAS Stencil have done it again... introduced me to yet another technique whose title was new for me. I had done something similar when using up splodges of ink from stencils so as not to waste it, but didn't realise that it was a technique in itself.
Here I used a stencil from Memory Box and 3 shades of blue Distress Inks. The complete image was too large for my card base so I decided to use just a portion of it. (Also I hadn't managed to get the stencil square on my watercolour paper, so I was careful to arrange my die squarely on the paper when cutting out!)It was difficult to find any white cardstock amongst my supplies which went with the watercolour paper, hence the use of blue as a background colour.
The die-cut snowflake and the sentiment were dropped into the inkiness on my craft mat, before being embossed with clear glitter embossing powder.
I did emboss a few splodges onto the stencilling but it's not too clear in the pics.
This is something that I will probably be trying many times in the future.

Christmas kickstart - Snow
Shopping our Stash - Here comes Susie Snowflake

8 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous, Chrissie! Would fit in nicely at The Christmas Kickstart challenge and Shopping Our Stash, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card!
    Love the blues and whites
    Thanks so much for joining the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH for our Suzy Snowflake challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab Chrissie. I love the texture on the sentiment fromthe heat embossing. Thank you for playing along with the CAS Stencil challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stenciled monoprint background for your glittery blue die cut sentiment and snowflake. Beautiful die cut border too. TFS and joining us at CAS Stencil Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the grid background for your lovely sentiment and gorgeous snowflake.
    The die cut layers are just perfect to frame your beautiful main panel.
    Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique and beautiful! And I totally get what you mean about matching w/c paper :oP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful monoprint card that has a cold and icy vibe, Chrissie! The soft blue background was the perfect choice for your lovely monoprint. Love the gorgeous colours of your sparkley snowflake and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful design with that graph stenciling, your beautiful two layer die cut framing Chrissie! The sentiment and snowflake really shine with their glitter! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie