Tuesday 12 November 2019

Home sweet home


Having had a few problems with getting my head around the updated Silhouette software for my Portrait cutting machine, I thought I would try again. When I loaded up the program, I was aghast to see that another update was necessary! Fortunately I think it must have been just a tweak rather than a completely new set up, so I was able to go ahead and make this 'home' word  for this card. I cut it about 4 four times and stacked them to give some dimension then coloured with Copic pens. The dry embossing is from Cuttlebug and the house I think was a little cheapie die from Hobbycraft. I wrote the 'sweet home' using the computer with the same font as the cut word, in a size to fit under the 'm'.
Time out - Home Sweet Home


Here is another try at a Stencil Monoprint. I used a stencil from Tando Creative. I inked it with various shades of green Distress Ink and spritzed liberally with water before pressing onto some cardstock. I covered it with a piece of paper to press down all over the  stencil and in fact as the stencil was really wet, I got a good impression on the paper too. I'll use that for something else.
I die cut the W&W hello from the image and also three more times from white card which I added underneath in order to give the dimension necessary to be able to actually read the word! I mounted the palin card onto a base of textured card to give a little contrast. IRL the colour of the two types of cardstock is much closer in shade than it appears on the picture.
CAS Stencil - Stencil Monoprint


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful impression with your stencil, Chrissie! Great idea to add the inlaid die cut sentiment, too...Another fabulous take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your white and red house card. Brilliant texture, and a lovely way to do the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your red and white house card and your stencil card is brilliant! Such a good print and love the hidden sentiment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another graet stencil monoprint card Chrissie! Love your leaves with the hidden word technique. Fabulous design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This is a gorgeous monoprint

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're enjoying the Stencil Monoprint challenge. Love the leaves with the hidden sentiment. Thanks again for playing along with this month's CAS Stencil challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That embossed background is super with the sweet house; great card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie