Friday 26 May 2017

Clean and Simple butterflies


Four of my favourite things for cards...  die-cutting, smooshing, butterflies and a CAS design.
A piece of smooshed card was placed behind the Sizzix die cut and the three All Occasion Dies butterflies were die cut from the remainder of the card.
For the smooshing technique I placed a small amount of Inka Gold paste onto a craft mat and added some Aqua Tint inks before spritzing with water. The colours merge together beautifully and the Inka Gold adds a subtle touch of metallic shimmer. It can be used for backgrounds or as here, for die cutting.
The sentiment from Just Rite stamps was stamped with Ranger Dye Ink in Caribbean Coast. The front panel of the card was cut with a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp, elongated slightly to fit British card proportions.
It's for 




5 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous Chrissie, I must get some inka gold! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the colours. I've got some Inka Gold, but never thought to use it like this. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this! It's got interesting elements, intense color and yet it is still CAS! Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, I just love the gorgeous background you created! The turquoise and gold are stunning! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I never seem to pull of CAS card, but this one makes me want to try! Love the colors and fun use of that die! Absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie